Question

Relations for Facts

Badge +2

Hi,

I was working with an IFS employee for over an hour last night and they got stuck trying to add a new item to an information source for me. Specifically, I need to add Receipt Line Status into the Purchase Receipts Information Source. The SQL used is listed below. The item was created and populated in my information source but when I ran the report it was blank. I have a strong feeling it is because of Source Ref 4. We have no data in there and my understanding is this is an optional data source we can assign to anything. I do not believe we ever did. I need to know if the Source Ref 4 Fact ID is the item in green below, if not what is it?

RECEIPT_INFO_API.Get_State(RECEIPT_INFO_API.Get_Receipt_Sequence(:source_ref1,:source_ref2,:source_ref3,:source_ref4,'PURCHASE_ORDER',:receipt_no))

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

Can’t see how you mapped the source references in the relation. But the reason there are 4 is because some objects require four. A purchase order only requires 3 (order_no, line_no, rel_no). 

e.g. if you leave source_ref4 empty, it does fetch the state.

Badge +2

Please see the mapping. Are you suggesting I leave the mapping blank or I actually change the SQL? Thank you!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Suggest to change the SQL expression to remove source_Ref4 and make it NULL and remove it from the mapping. But have not tested it :-).

RECEIPT_INFO_API.Get_State(RECEIPT_INFO_API.Get_Receipt_Sequence(:source_ref1,:source_ref2,:source_ref3,NULL,'PURCHASE_ORDER',:receipt_no))

Badge +2

I am going to go for it. I have notes here that say I need to publish this after I approve it. I right clicked and do not see anything for publish and of course there is nothing in help. Do you have any idea how to publish? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

After creation of a relation, you need to approve it (the checkbox in the header). After creating and approving a relation, you can add custom attributes to your fact. That one you also will need to approve & publish. Once you did that, you will need to click the ‘Refresh All’ button in the BR client to get the newly created attribute in your report.

Not sure if you seen this documentation. But this describes it in some detail;

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/010_Information_Sources/055_custom_objects/010_Custom_Attr_Info_Src/040_custom_attr_fact.htm

Badge +2

Thank you this is really helpful.