Solved

Multiple Values for Function Parameter

• 2 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

I have created a parameter “&Activity” for getting project activity short name. (Figure 1).

And also created function parameter “&Activity_2”  because “&Activity” is not mandatory while running the report (Figure 2).

After I checked “multi value” checkbox of “&Activity” and also changed operator to “IN” for holding multi values in filter criteria (Figure 3). 

When running report with multiple values its showing blank page

Anyone can help me to solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by Thiwanka Sandaruwan 2 November 2021, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @TopDeepaW ,

Please change the syntax as the below and try to run the report. 

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @TopDeepaW,

It seems my previous suggestion does not work for the activity's multi-values. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suspect that the functional argument’s string value never fetches multi-value parameters as a value when the function id is NVL. Since you have checked the multi-value checkbox for the ‘activity parameter after creating the ‘activity_2’ functional parameter it is showing as above. If you need to verify this please delete both 'activity' and 'activity_2' parameters and try to add both parameters respectively with current properties.

I think you can use the default value for the 'activity' parameter as a workaround instead of creating the function parameter ‘activity_2’.

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Thiwanka Sandaruwan ,

Thanks for the reply! It pop ups the error ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object’ when running the report without activity parameter. Anyway I put default value  ‘%’ as for this one and now report is working properly

Thanks,

Regards,

Deepal.