Question

Lobby data restriction

• 20 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Hello,I designed a lobby element in IFS. I cannot show 3 months of daily data on a graphical lobby screen.Incoming report data shows 60 days but only 40 days.If there are two graphics data, fewer days are returned this time.Is there a limitation of lobby values ​​within IFS?

In the example below, there is data from 01.09.2020. If I make 01.09.2020 to 01.08.2020, the graphs do not show all the data.

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue in a LOBBY we are building at the moment.

Trying to display a 12 month trend in a line-chart simillar as above. There are data-points for each day and the element size is set as 4x2 (shouldn’t matter). When running the lobby data is shown for ~4months then it stops.

What is the limiting factor for this in line chart elements?.. :thinking:

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

From what I have seen in lobbies, it is true that “FETCH NEXT 100" is added to the query when you debug, and the main reason behind this is to avoid performance issues. Most of the lobby element types are designed to provide a high-level overview of the data, hence won’t show the full set of a huge data pile.
This limitation has been intentionally actioned as this will avoid the rendering issues in using lobbies. 

As a suggestion, you can use list elements to display huge data sets.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!

Novishan