Solved

Is it possible to alter a standard report without Developer Studio?

• 23 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

[I’m very new to IFS, so apologies in advance for incorrect terminology / an obvious question / etc.]

My company are moving to IFS Cloud, and want to customise some of the standard report templates. From the docs and this post, it looks like the process for this is:

1. Install Developer Studio, and link it our IFS instance via IFS Lifecycle Experience, Azure VPN etc.
  2. Use Developer Studio to download the .rdf and .xsd files for the report we want to customise.
  3. Install Report Designer and edit the report template, creating a new .rdl file.
  4. Upload the new .rdl file to IFS Cloud, and link it to the relevant processes.

Is there another way to do this? E.g. is it possible to download the .rdf and .xsd files directly from IFS Cloud, and edit in Report Designer; or better still, clone an existing report template from within IFS Cloud and edit that directly? [And if not, is there anywhere I can vote for that functionality?!]

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 23 November 2023, 14:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@al-v usually what I do is:

→ I use exclusively Report Designer → connect Report Designer to the IFS Cloud useplace (CFG) → get the rdf file directly in Report Designer

→ do the modifications in Report Designer → publish the changes (you can publish with a different name and then you’ll get a separate layout visible in Report Definition)

→ ask the users to test in CFG

→ if all is well with testing → push the layout in UAT → TST → PROD

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We are trying to avoid customizing the rdf files and rely on custom fields as much as possible to bring additional data into the reports.

Process for modifying the report layouts is exactly as @Marcel.Ausan mentioned and something worth to follow is, not to modify the IFS standard layout. Instead, create a copy of the standard layout you need to modify and do the changes on that :)

Hope it helps!

Damith