Solved

IFS Login Page

• 8 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Why not IFS gives popup message that account has been locked. In IFS8, 9 we get the pop up that account has been locked after a set up incorrect credtional was input by user but in IFS V10 we never receive such messages that account has been locked instead it will give incorrect credentials but the user accounts is locked when we check in oracle profile. 

Why not IFS provide to view the password input by user.... Alot of time we end up entering wrong password due keyboard issue but don't know what we have inputed. 

icon

Best answer by Himasha Abeywickrama 19 November 2019, 11:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MKG019,

I was able to test this in Application 10 UPD 6 and yes, you are right. Even though the account is locked, the application login page keeps giving the error message as ‘Invalid Credentials’.

However, you can get an idea about the oracle profile that is set to the user or set of users and check the parameters like, the number of failed attempts to log in to the user account before the account is locked, number of days an account will be locked after the specified number of consecutive failed login attempts and the number of days after the grace period begins during which a warning is issued and login is allowed (If the password is not changed during the grace period, the password expires) etc. You can view these parameters in the ‘Oracle Profile’ window and when a user tries to log in, he or she knows how many log in attempts are allowed before an account lock.

Hope this helps for the time being!

For the actual issue you are having, I suggest you raise a case and report to IFS Support.

Himasha

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

The answer to your second question would be due to security reasons. 

If you encounter invalid credentials quite frequently, I suggest typing the password onto a text field that is visible and then cutting it and pasting it to the password field. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks all, we are working on with SSO but just to Test the system functionality, raised this query over the IFD community.