Question

IFS Analysis Model - SQL Server

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Is there any recommendation to select the SQL server version for IFS AM?. I needed to install IFS AM for APP10. Can we go with Standard edition without Enterprise?      

2 replies

Badge +4

https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/ProductSupportedPlatforms/SitePages/IFS-Applications-10-Supported-Platforms.aspx

Analysis Models requires Enterprise Edition. Refer SQL Server Database for Analysis Models  Section.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We’ve had good experiences with MS SQL Server 2019 so no reason to install an older one.
There are plenty of other components required, just ask me if you don’t have the list. I’m involved in a couple of projects doing this.

For Windows Server 2019 you need to install .Net 3.5 manually first using Roles and Features, and depending on the security configuration even download the ISO and point it to SXS. Do this BEFORE the Oracle Client installation, otherwise you’ll end up in many problems.
We also noticed that Powershell may have issues, so better to use the traditional black-background cmd , Run as Administrator.

The MS SQL Enterprise Edition is expensive and usually requires executive decisions at the client that can take time. It is however needed for the production install.

However, if you want to move on, a test install can be done using the MS SQL Developer version.
This way you get to test that everything works and the client can start figuring out what exactly they want to do with the data. You need to connect to the TEST database to comply with the licensing though, PROD usage requires the real Enterprise Edition license.

Also check which UPD-version of APP10 your client is running. There is a bug at least in UPD13 that has a crude workaround, but for example in our project where UPD18 is ongoing it was decided to wait for that update before the PROD install to get a long-term solution.