Solved

How to create Custom event action on custom field table to save data to the same table for other records

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

Requirement:

In ‘Receipt’ screen ‘Receipt reference’ is an IFS standard field and ‘Gate Entry Reference’ field is a custom field (persistent type). (Please check image1, fields highlighted in red boxes, ignore the blue boxes 😊 )

image1

I need to create an event when user enters value(add/change/delete) to ‘Gate Entry Reference’ custom field. then the same value should be updated to ‘Gate Entry Reference’ field of other records having same ‘Receipt reference’ field value.

Please help me to create this event (the event action)

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Hari

icon

Best answer by ludovic.rougean 5 May 2023, 12:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, what is exactly the difficulty you are facing? you don’t know how to make a custom event? or you know how to make custom events, but when you tried this one, you got an error message saying you cannot update this table ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, what is exactly the difficulty you are facing? you don’t know how to make a custom event? or you know how to make custom events, but when you tried this one, you got an error message saying you cannot update this table ?

Hi Ludovic,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m stuck with writing the event action. this is the first time for me. (Previously tried only email type of actions, never tried ‘execute online SQL’ type)

appreciate if you could help.

Best Regards,

Hari

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

In this case, I’m sorry, you need to know a bit of PL/SQL, i would not know where to start.

What I can tell you is that you may face a problem if you try to just update this value straight away as your table is in a locked status due to other modification on going.

You should update your 2nd field though a background job. So first your table will be saved and then it will update your 2nd field, few seconds later.

This post describes how to create a background job:

https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/inserting-a-value-upon-new-data-creation-on-custom-logical-unit-24431?postid=89780#post89780

That’s basically 2 procedures imbricated.

By amending the code of the procedure in the middle, you should be able to achieve your objective.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

In this case, I’m sorry, you need to know a bit of PL/SQL, i would not know where to start.

What I can tell you is that you may face a problem if you try to just update this value straight away as your table is in a locked status due to other modification on going.

You should update your 2nd field though a background job. So first your table will be saved and then it will update your 2nd field, few seconds later.

This post describes how to create a background job:

https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/inserting-a-value-upon-new-data-creation-on-custom-logical-unit-24431?postid=89780#post89780

That’s basically 2 procedures imbricated.

By amending the code of the procedure in the middle, you should be able to achieve your objective.

Thank you Ludovic