Solved

FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION_BI Error

• 15 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

We have encountered an error with the view FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION_BI which I believe is part of the Analysis Models.

The error is:

ORA-00904: "ACTIVITY_CLASS_SEQ": invalid identifier

Has anyone else experienced this?

It seems that it is because the view thinks that "ACTIVITY_CLASS_SEQ" is a column in FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION_OL but that view does contain that column.

This is causing failures for us when we are trying to load the data into the SQL database.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mark Mruss 

icon

Best answer by subashfestus 16 February 2024, 05:01

View original

7 replies

Badge +4

Hi @MarkMr ,

What is the application version you are working on?

Access views are a kind of a custom view created by the customer using “Create access views” functionality. It is created based on the _OL or _DM view of the fact.

If there are custom attributes defined for the fact, then those will be also part of the access view.

When there is a modification to the _OL or _DM view through an update or custom attribute addition/modification the current _BI view will get invalid because it still refers to the columns of the previous object.

In this case first thing to try is recreating the access view.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/050_reporting/256_br_and_a/050_integrations/080_external_access/010_access_views/010_cremanageaccessviews/

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

Thanks for the information, we are using the following versions:

• IFS Aurena framework version: 10.22.30.0
  • IFS Aurena client version: 10.22.142.0
  • IFS OData provider version: 10.21.2.0

The run on the previous day worked and then it stopped working yesterday. This is probably because we are getting updated to UPD22. I had no idea about those access views but following those steps fixed the issues with the FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION_BI view.

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Just to update this, it did solve the error with the view but we are still seeing errors when we tries to run the SQL job to update the database:

• The Source.Outputs[ADO NET Source Output].Columns[ACTIVITY_CLASS_SEQ] does not have a matching source column in the schema.
  • Description: "Source" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".

I’m sure we need to do something else to get this running again but I’m not sure what is needed.

Badge +4

@MarkMr 
The data flow goes like this,

_OL or _DM view(oracle) [1]→ _BI view(oracle) [2]→ IFSAppl_FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION_BI (sql DB) [3]→ Dw_FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION (sql DB) [4]→ Dm_FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION (sql DB) 

Steps 2, 3, 4 are handled by SSIS packages.

I think the issue here is you are still using old SSIS packages which have references to [ACTIVITY_CLASS_SEQ] column. Since that column is removed in the Oracle side now you have to modify the SSIS packages accordingly or use the updated SSIS packages for UPD22.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thanks @subashfestus  that makes sense. Do you know where we can get the updated SSIS packages from IFS for UPD22?

Do we reach out to IFS support for this or is available for download somewhere?

We haven’t had to update our BI pipelines before.

Badge +4

You should get the SSIS packages also with the UPD22.
I’m not sure about the exact file path in customer’s code base, but you should be able to find the files in somewhere like →  projft/external/BIAnalysisPackage/SqlServer2014/SSIS/SSIS/xxxxxx_FACT_ACTIVITY_CALCULATION.dtsx

Compare the new files with your existing SSIS files to see if there are any differences. You can use SSDT for that.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thanks for the information I really appreciate that. Would that be in the BUILD HOME that IFS Support can provide us?

I’m sorry, I just don’t know IFS or the process that IFS uses to distribute this type of information, I mostly work with the data and transferring the data between different systems. This is our first update and the first time the BI module has stopped loading data.

It’s been a struggle trying to get things working again.