Question

Error: JVM required 1.4. Detected 18.0.1

Badge +1

While I launch IFS Report designer tool I am getting this error. 

Here is my java installed details

Please help to solve this error.

Thanks 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @LakmaA,

Looks like you have a Java version incompatible with IFS Report Designer installed on your machine. The latest IFS Report Designer tool comes packaged with a compatible JDK. Please try downloading it from https://developer.ifs.com/tools/repdesigner and install it. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply @Charith Epitawatta. I got the same error even if follow the URL you mentioned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @LakmaA,

You can try these steps as well.

• In your Report Designer installation folder, check the Java version. Java folder should be in a location similar to below:
    C:\IFS\IFSReportDesigner\java

To do this, you can change the directory into C:\IFS\IFSReportDesigner\java\bin folder in the command line and execute the java -version command there. 
    It should be version 1.8
  • In Report Designer installation folder, there should be a cmd file named IFSReportDesigner.cmd. Double click and try to start Report Designer using it. This cmd file should use the correct Java folder included with the Report Designer tool, rather than any other Java version installed on your machine. 
  • Try adding <ReportDesignerInstallationFolder>\java\bin to the PATH environment variable on your machine. 
  • If you are using a Desktop shortcut or something similar to launch IFS Report Designer, recreate it. 

Hope this helps!