Database import into Business Reporter APP10

• 26 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Do Gooder
  • 4 replies

Hello

I am new to IFS and the Business Reporter Application. 

I have not been able to import data from our Oracle Database (SQL), using the usual ‘Get Data’ option that is available in Business Reporter.  The connection timed out while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement. 

The server I am trying to connect to , works fine and is available when other people try to access it, so the issue is only between Business Reporter and the database.

I have checked the following and can confirm that everything is correctly set up and works correctly:

Username and Password

Server details and portal number

My access permissions

Has anyone encountered this before and is there an easy way to resolve this issue?

icon

Best answer by Thiwanka Sandaruwan 26 October 2021, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @LOL,

When using IFS business reporter, no need to get data from the database directly. You can get data from the information sources. Please follow below steps to 

If you are already aware of this process and your requirement is a different one please let me know.

Please refer below documentation to have a better understanding about the business report overview.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/255_br_and_a/025_Business_Reporter/default.htm

Best Regards,

Thiwanka Sandaruwan

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks Thiwanka.

My issue is more related to adding data to the existing data sources in Business Reporter. The data sources that are currently available in BR, does not cover all the data I need to build my report.

Best regards

LOL

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @LOL ,

You can create quick information sources under your requirements. Please refer the below community post for more details.

And please refer below documentation to have a better understanding about the QIS.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/010_Information_Sources/060_Quick_Info_Source_Drafts/default.htm

Best Regards,

Thiwanka Sandaruwan

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Thiwanka

Thank you for the links. That worked perfectly for me.

Best Regards

LOL