Question

Create custom field in register arrivals from Part/No Part order lines

• 12 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I created two Custom Fields, one in the view PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_PART and the other in PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_NOPART. They are identical.

I want to display the values in one custom field in the view RECEIPT_INFO_ALT, because in the menu ‘Register Arrivals’ both Part and No Part order lines are displayed. But I am not able to display the value from the custom fields in the menu ‘Register Arrivals’.

Does someone know how to make this work? Whe are on apps10 update 7. Kind regards,

Simon

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

HI @BZNSIMON ,

you are not seeing the custom field on register arrivals window? Do you get any error?

Please check approved detail views also.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @EntNadeeL 

I created the custom fields in two views, because they are applicable on Part Order Lines and No Part Order Lines (two different views):

I want to display the value from the Part/No Part Order Line in the Register Arrival menu. But I do not kwow how to create the custom field in the Register Arrivals view and get the value from the Part/No Part Order Line view. I think I need to use sql, but I do not know the correct statement. I tried: SELECT cf$_receipt 
FROM purchase_order_line_cfv t 
WHERE t.objkey = :objkey

But this results in an error: 

Kind regards,

Simon

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @BZNSIMON ,

Custom fields are added to the underlying base table of a logical unit.

you are trying to add the custom field here to a view (RECEIPT_INFO_ALT) which is not the underlying base table of the logical unit PurchaseOrderLine.

Therefore as a workaround you can add the custom field to purchase order lines window.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @EntNadeeL 

Thank you for your reply. That is not correct, I tried to add the custom field to the view PurchaseOrderLine. See the screenshot below. 

Kind regards, 

Simon

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @EntNadeeL 

Thank you for your reply. That is not correct, I tried to add the custom field to the view PurchaseOrderLine. See the screenshot below. 

Kind regards, 

Simon

Still can you see the custom field when you try to add from column chooser?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @EntNadeeL 

Yes, I can see the custom field and I can also add it to the visible columns. But when I try to populate the table, the error message occurs. 

Kind regards,

Simon

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @BZNSIMON 

Have you removed/unpublished the previously created 2 custom fields in PurchaseOrderLinePart and PurchaseOrderLineNopart LUs? If not try it and recheck.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Randini Jayasundara 

Thank you for your reply. I did remove the 2 previously created custom fields. 

In the meantine, I created a custom field on the header of the Purchase Order instead of on the No Part/Part Lines. And this also worked for us, so the initial problem is no longer an issue.