Question

Change Unit Of Measure on reports

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Is it possible to change Unit Of Measure on a Customer Invoice depending on language? 

Can i change Unit of Measure depending on which language there is default for the company or customer?

Ex: Currenct functionality - When a Customer Invoice is printed the Unit of Measure on the Customer Invoice is the same Unit of Measure as “Sales UoM” on Customer Order Line. If value in “Sales UoM” is “stk” (danish) how can i change this to “pcs”?.

This can be useful if the customer or company is not speaking same language as the standard for unit of measure. 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Rasmus Raul ,

I had the same problem, and I overcame like below;

1- I translated UoM in basic translation data.

2- As you can see below, translation works fine.

3- And last I am using &AO.ISO_UNIT_API.Get_Description(UNIT_CODE,NULL) function in the reports.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Ozgun BAL 

How are you using this &AO.ISO_UNIT_API.Get_Description(UNIT_CODE,NULL) in the report? 

Is it a custom field or? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Rasmus Raul ,

That function get translated description of the UoM.

For example;

If you add a report block with IFS developer like below;

You can use this select statement in the report design like below;

And your output in report like this;

But adding a select statement with new report block can be a little bit complicated,  please make sure you are doing it right.

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards
Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Ozgun BAL 

Thanks for your reply,

What do you mean with IFS Developer? 

To my knowledge it is not possible to make a "Select/SQL-statement” in Report Designer

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Ozgun BAL 

Thanks for your reply,

What do you mean with IFS Developer? 

To my knowledge it is not possible to make a "Select/SQL-statement” in Report Designer

Dear @Rasmus Raul ,

Yes you are right, it is not possible to make a "Select/SQL-statement” in Report Designer.

You have to do it with IFS developer studio. You can check link below;

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/050_development_tools/002_developer_studio/

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal