Solved

Business Reporter - Filter Design Column without a Repeater?

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Is it possible to filter a design column or row without having a repeater?  Every time I try to do this, my filter gets wiped out.

Here are the steps I’m taking:

1. I create a design row with a repeater and add filter criteria:

1. The design column name and filters.

2. I delete the repeater because I just want one column - I don’t want the data to repeat.

1. The repeater that I originally had.
    2. After I deleted the “repeater”

3. I click out of the column and then come back to it - my filter criteria is gone.

1. The design columns and parameters are gone.

icon

Best answer by Voshitha 6 April 2022, 08:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Mark.Feldpausch,

There is no need to delete the repeater because once you put the filter it doesn’t repeat the columns.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

It is not possible to have a design row with no repeaters. If you need a column that appears only once it needs to be controlled using filters. 

For an example you could have a design column that is repeated by ‘Year’. You could have a filter like Year = 2022 to get one row for that. 

Another option is to repeat a design row or column by a item that you know that you get only one value for it. For an example repeating by company_id in situations where you have only one company in the system.

Best regards,

Voshitha 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Mark.Feldpausch,

There is no need to delete the repeater because once you put the filter it doesn’t repeat the columns.

Depends on your filter, but yes I understand what you are saying.