Question

Business Report - Is it possible to supress rows with 0's in the values

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi All, 

I am just having a play with the GL Balance information source and wondered if I can supress rows with 0 balances 

I currently have the 3 elements below with a row repeater of account 

There seems to a few account that has a 0 balance. I was wondering if i could exclude that from showing in the report. 

I have tried setting row filters and cell filters.(Is not Null and not equal to 0 ) doesn’t seem to get rid of them.

Is there something obvious I am missing here ?  Any advice is appreciated 

Thanks

Cameron

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi.

When using the “All” checkbox on the repeater you can decide if you want to show all accounts even if there are no balances for the columns in the report or if you only want to show the accounts that have balances for one of the columns in the report.

However, the value 0 is a balance. It means the you have registered vouchers on this combination and the result is +-0.

I tried with a cell filter FACT_GL_BALANCE.BALANCE <> 0. In my sample report it did not show the row for the account when the balance was 0.

But I don’t recommend using cell level filters. The performance can become a problem and the maintenance of the report becomes difficult.

/Stefan

Badge +2

Thanks for the advice. Is the All checkbox a IFS cloud feature as I can’t see it on my apps 10 version ? 

Interestingly it filters the 0 balances out if i put > 0 but when i put <> 0 it still displays them. 

Thanks

Cameron

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The mentioned “all checkbox” is this one:

Normally it is disabled. When activating it, it will show more entries, rather than supress rows with 0's in the values. 

I’m also genuinly interested in a solution to supress 0’s in the values. I have encountered this requirement a few times, unfortunately I haven’t found a solution yet. Such a feature would be very useful for instance one customer would like to have a balance sheet and repeat the accruals and deferrals accounts by projects. Many projects have had accruals within the year and are therefore shown on the report. But since the majority of the deferrals have been released within the year the final balance is 0 for plenty of the projects on the deferral account. This way we receive 50+ rows of projects with balance 0 on a deferral account in the balance sheet. The solution would be to have a filter option on the repeater (probably in the advanced settings) to surpress the 0’s.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@BytLukasL  @CD2022 what if you write an advanced filter? Something like balance_amount > 0 OR balance_amount < 0. I would say this should work.