Urgent Question ! Location Part Adress may not be specified in 22R2

• 15 February 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 13 replies

Hi,

In 22R2 we are trying to deliver a Spare-Part module with the Condition Code NEW and everything worked correctly, but could not set the Shipment to Deliver. 

When trying to that we get the following message :

We never had this error message before, so we don't know what is causing this issue.

Do somebody know how this can be sorted a.s.a.p. ?

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We get the same issue in 22R2 when trying to deliver a Customer Order with a Sales Part that has Create SM Object flag enabled. Anyone who knows what is wrong?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Addaneh, it seems to be a bug and they are looking into this .

Case tekst:

When shipping a serial tracked part with Sales Part checkbox “Create S/M object” = True, on shipment deliver IFS gives an error

‘Field [Customer-ID] in Location Party Address may not be specified for new objects’

When trying to work around this and set Sales Part checkbox “Create S/M object” = False, the shipment can be processed, but no object is created.

When then trying to create the object via Serial part ‘Make Maintenance Aware’, system gives an error on Serial Object Seq.

The fact that this Serial Object Seq is the new key of the Object table in 22R2 makes us very suspicious that this is causing the problem!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@MPOS Thanks for the update! I will create a support case for this then.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@MPOS I think I found a workaround for this. I noticed that the customer I used did not haven a record in page Locations. I created a new record for this customer and then it worked! I.e. it was possible to deliver the customer order and the serial object structure was created.

Not sure if this (manually creating locations) is how it is supposed to be done? Some addresses where in that page which seems to have been automatically created, but not for the customer I was using.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@addaneh 

No, I think this is not the way to work. For us it is not, but maybe you think differently.

The reason why is because our Part Serials must all become Serial Objects and we are not performing maintenance on all our Serial Objects related parts. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@MPOS So you are not delivering this to a customer?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@addaneh yes, we are. 

But for 22R2 we normally could perform these steps without any problems.

And as soon as the shipment was handled we saw the items delivered and the ones that we want to perform maintenance on that these are displayed under the functional objects (Cust.ID / Warehouse locations Customer etc.) in the Equipment Object Navigator.

We never had to add the location as you described here above.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@addaneh we heard that is probably has something to do with the CREATE SM OBJECT ID. They are still looking further, but this is the last message that we received.

I don't know if you already knew this, but thought I keep you posted on this reply.

Badge

Hi,

May I please know whether you guys identified any solution to this scenario.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Mithila N Rathnayake 

Good morning, for us it has been sorted. It had something to do with Request Management :

According to them in the previous versions, we are trying to update the private field called Customer ID. It is excluded in the SU5 and our product development team confirmed that.
If you have purchased the 'Request Management' in your solution set then no need to set up the location anymore. Otherwise, you have to manually add it.

Badge

@Mithila N Rathnayake

Good morning, for us it has been sorted. It had something to do with Request Management :

According to them in the previous versions, we are trying to update the private field called Customer ID. It is excluded in the SU5 and our product development team confirmed that.
If you have purchased the 'Request Management' in your solution set then no need to set up the location anymore. Otherwise, you have to manually add it.

Thanks, @MPOS it seems to be a different case in our scenario. We’ll have a further look.