Question

purchase requisition/mail event

• 8 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 13 replies

dear experts,

We want to create an event where we will send an email to the authorized person who will approve when a purchase request that falls under the approval rule is created. Can you provide me with information on this?

PS:This event should only send an email to the approver we specify.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

In the screen Purchase Authorization Basic Data in the tab AUTHORIZERS there is a toggle where you can select Notify User. I believe you also have to setup a schedule to do this in the screen Notification Schedule.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

In addition to what Dan wrote you need to activate the events. Go to the Events list and query for Notification events from the Procurement module.

Verify that the event action is to your satisfaction, it may be that you will want to update the mail text. And activate it.

Badge +5

In addition to what Dan wrote you need to activate the events. Go to the Events list and query for Notification events from the Procurement module.

Verify that the event action is to your satisfaction, it may be that you will want to update the mail text. And activate it.

I'm sorry, I'm new to ifs. Could you please specify which event you're referring to that I should enable on this screen?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I think it’s NEXT_AUTH_PUR_REQ_LINE.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Try this:

Badge +3

Hi All, has anyone had any luck with this event (purchase reqs)? I’ve done all the setup as described (except the schedule as I am not sure what that is) above but the even never fires. Any insite would be appreciated. We are using other events that email successfully, so I know the system is working.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

There are two events in IFS (depends on the version), my screen prints are from Apps 10.

Event PUR_REQ_LINE_TO_BE_AUTHORIZED was the old standard event action, which was supposed to fire an email when a PR Line is to be authorized. If an authorizer has 25 PR lines to approve, they will get 25 seperate emails.

Event NEXT_AUTH_PUR_REQ_LINE was introduced to improve the process by sending 1 email with all 25 PR Lines to approve in a single email based on a schedule. So once you set up this event action, you will have to schedule as to when the system should send out an email. Without this being scheduled, you will not get emails. Or this can be run online for testing.

All data setup required is outlined in the help file. Please replace your url in the below link

https://<ENTER_YOUR_IFS_URL_HERE>/ifsdoc/documentation/en/Purch/dlgAuthNotifySchedule.htm

Copied the content here if in case you need it…

In my experience in implementing notifications, the end users simply ignore system generated emails, and treat it as junk, I prefer getting the users to use the Lobbies, and set the lobbies as there home page with a list of to do’s….

Cheers!

Malik