Question

PO closing straightaway

• 28 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi friends
As soon as I receive parts using register arrivals PO closes straightaway. I see a received status but it doesn’t stop there. Can you tell how to get PO to received status without closing.

Thanks

Sanjay

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Sanjay.K It is possible to control the Auto PO Closure using the parameter Automatic Order Closing. This value can be set per Purchase Part and then later it can be overridden in the PO Line. Set Automatic Order Closing to false and/ or Closing Code = Manual in the PO Line. Then you wolud be able to control the automatic closure of the PO after Receiving the parts.

Purchase Part

PO Line

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

But what is the purpose of keeping the order open - perhaps you do not need that, perhaps you have another need?

Badge +2

Thanks but I need to prevent closing PO not PO lines. My purpose is to use the same PO for future PO lines.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Sanjay, as far as I know that is hardcoded in IFS: when all lines are closed, the header gets the status closed. Either you change the order of actions (add a new line before closing the previous), or reopen a previous line, add the new line and close the previous line again.

Regards, roel

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

In order to keep PO’s open a lot of IFS users creates a purchase Item that is never sent to the supplier, thus the order does not close. 

On the other hand it is so simple to re-open an order so I have never recommended anyone doing so.

Again, I would first ask the customer for the reason to keep on using the same order. If you want to stick to a negotiated price it would be simpler to register a contract and use that to get the agreed price.

/Jonas