Question

IFS Cloud Shortcuts

• 12 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, 

When trying to use the short cuts in a form I experience that I have to 1) click in the browser screen before the shortcuts will be activated, but more than that when it is a form I have to be very specific where I click. If I click in any of the marked areas, be short cut function does not work.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

This is probably a focus thing, the page is constructed of several elements and only the data bit contains the shortcuts. Not sure if anything can be done here, this is the way modern browsers work.
We could of course evaluate for example setting the focus on the data bit as default.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@CurJulieT  I also observed the same in 23R2. This happened for Alt+N, Alt+S but other shortcuts such as /, r, . etc.. are working fine. My thoughts were as same as @SamiL 

This functionality enhances the utilization of shortcuts in a more significant manner. For instance, in a form with two add (+) buttons, selecting area #1 triggers the system to interpret Alt+N as "New Customer Order." Alternatively, selecting area #2 prompts Alt+N to be recognized as "New Customer Order Line."

Smart design, isnt it? 😊

Keyboard shortcuts can further be improved for Alt+S as the focus doesnt matter for saving. I m not sure if there are pages in IFS Cloud that require multiple Save buttons though.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Buddhika Kurera and @SamiL  thank you for the quick responses I very much agree with both of you and also beleive the main challange is when creating new record, as you will already be in the datafield when saving. 

I think the use of these shortcuts will be limited if you have to make sure you click in the forms datafield, so if anythink could be done here to set it as default, I think it will help the customers alot. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

If you feel like the new record should have focus initially in the data-area, you’re welcome to make an idea of it in https://community.ifs.com/ideas .