Question

IFS Cloud - Creating order lines

• 15 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

In IFS Cloud, creating an order. My team is finding that we have to hit the + sign multiple times to get to the next order line.  Some are also hitting save after each item in the new order. And Sometimes they have to hit Save twice to actually get the line to save.  We also have team members who use the keyboard shortcut Alt + N because they dont want to have to take their hands off the keyboard to generate a new item line.  Some reps are preloading blank item lines so they dont have to hit + between each item. What is the quickest way to enter lines in a new order?  Is there a way to enter 50 blank lines all at once and delete any unused lines?  Our catalog includes 100’s of items and the customers quickly read off a list and we need to keep up. I would greatly appreciate any insight how to make entering items on the order easier and faster. 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Connie,

I would say using customer order templates speeds up the process. Please see this post 

You could also look at entering orders in a csv file and migration the order header and lines in. 

In the upcoming release they are adding in functionality to use the TAB key. This way you can confirm that when a user tabs after entering a sales qty against line 1 it creates a new line allowing the users to continue entering more. 

Thanks,

Jamie

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

we found this requirement before we go live, so we have got another solution for this, you can try whether you have this function in your side.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Sherry, the option you are showing looks like a Modification. My understanding is that this RMB isnt a standard option. Good functionality though. When you click that what is the process behind it? Does it just as ‘x’ amount of lines?

Regards,

Jamie