global.scale parameters

• 31 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

What is the process for working with global.scale parameters in ifscloud-values.yaml?

how should i define it correctly ? what is the mean of the below parameters? 

Scale of 100

cpuRatio of 20

memRatio of 100

namespace: exampleprod
customerCode: example
environmentType: prod
solutionSetName: My Groovy Solution!!
replicas: 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ifsappproxy:
accessLog: enable

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/070_remote_deploy/010_installing_fresh_system/200_installing_ifs_cloud/035_ifs_cloud_ifsinstaller/030_installation_parameters/#general_parameters

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @darshana,

In Kubernetes, we can define resource requests and limits for each container that resides within a Pod. Depending on the application, minimum and maximum resources needed by a Pod could differ. requests defines the minimum resource requirement for the container while limits define the maximum. Scale and cpuRatio parameters are a way to control resource requests and limits within the cluster. 

As per my understanding, these parameters are as follows.

Scale - defines the scaling of cpu/memory compared to the production mode. If the scale is set as 50, the above request and limit parameters will be set to 50% of what’s in the Pod definition.

cpuRatio -  this will set the k8s CPU request/limit ratio on all containers. i.e. If cpuRatio is set to 50, and the CPU limit is set as 500m in the Pod definition, requests will be set to 250m, which is 50% of the value set in limits.

I was not able to find a parameter called memRatio in the documentation.  

Hope this helps!