Question

Finding Pages in Navigator in Cloud

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

When filtering the navigator for a certain page, can you please help me understand the difference in using the equal sign in the Find Page field vs. just typing in text?

For example, if I enter “=Work Order” in the find page field it returns no results. But if I type in “work order” it returns many results. Why is that? What is the best way to find pages? thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @hmccabe 

That is straight forward. If you do not enter equal (=) sign then search result will show every matching detail to your search value.

On the other hand, if you enter equal (=) sign, basically you are searching for exact match. Match case is not considered in navigator search. If there is no result after your search, it means there is no window named with your search value.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

So if I’m looking for a work order page and enter “=work order” in the Find Page, but the page name  is called “Prepare Work Order”, it won’t find it in the navigator unless I type in “=prepare work order”?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @hmccabe  again,

That is right. If you are using equal (=) sign then it must match %100. 

You can also try searching “Pre w ord”. This will return you any matched value where screen name includes Pre%w%ord%

Hope i could express this clearly. Try searching pre w ord and see the result.

Hope this helps