Solved

Time Registration - Reason for Absence

• 23 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi community!

I have recently received a need from the business where we are looking into if it is possible to require our timeclock users to provide a reason if there is a deviation to their timestamp vs their work schedule. Since I have worked very little with the “Time Management” in IFS Apps 10 I wanted your initial feedback if this is even possible out of the box in IFS?

To elaborate here is and example of what we are trying to achieve:

Employee-1 is on a schedule where he is working Mon-Fri 08.00 to 16.00.
On Tuesday he goes to the dentist and is not able to clock in before 09.00 which means that he is working 1 hour less that day than what his schedule says.

We would like a solution where he is prompted to insert a reason (hopefully predefined list of values) for his 1-hour delay.

The reason for us wanting this is that according to the Norwegian work regulations some absence is with pay, and some is not.

Best regards

Joakim

icon

Best answer by joalea 9 March 2023, 12:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @joalea,

We have a possibility to give a mandatory reason id for absence types. When considering the absence reason as mandotry, you have to specify the reason when reporting such absence. If needed you can give default mandatory reason too. Hope you can try absence wage codes buttons and see if this can be set up accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Lasanthi

Badge +3

Finally found what we were looking for by adding the following parameter for the work hour rule set:

By adding this parameter the clock will automatically prompt the user for absence reason when clocking in to late or clocking out to early.