Question

Time authorization: changing the status from "confirmed" in "authorized"

• 22 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know if there is somewhere a configuration in IFS Cloud to see the status “authorized” on the timesheet? 

I authorize the hours on a project, but the status in time registration remains in “completed” or “Confirmed” (if the hours are confirmed):

If I check after the project transactions, in the column “Approved” I have “yes”. That means the hours are authorized. So normally it shouldn’t  let me to modify the hours that are approved, but it let me modify the timesheet. 

Thank you for your help!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Project hours are never “Authorized”, only confirmed / approved.

The status you see in the lower part of Time registration concerns attendance - authorization is only valid for attendance.

To see whether the project time is Confirmed / Approved you can check the section above “hours Summary”

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ArcCristF

As Maria informed above, bottom section of the time registration shows the attendance. When Manager authorize the time, it gets authorized state as below.  It does not relate to the project transactions.

But, when project hours are confirmed by the employee /or approved by the manager, it indiates on the top section as below. 

Kind Regards,

Lasanthi

Badge +2

hello, 

Thank you for all the responses. It helps a lot. For the project hours it is ok now, but not for the attendance. 

In fact, even I press authorize , the status is still “confirmed” in my time registration for attendance and this button is not available after I press “authorize” 

I created the acces role:

I added the attribute for authorization:

I am added as a supervisor for the employee with the access role, but I’m not able to authorize the attendance. 

Is there other configuration that I need to do? 

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Follow the steps to enable the authorization.

1. When authorization type is set to ‘Time and Attendance authorization level’
  2. Set the attribute level for access attributes in Access Role