Question

Terminate employee API

• 8 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I want to terminate employees through a API call, when the employee is offboarded in our HR system (which is not IFS).

I have found one API that looked interesting: TerminateEmploymentHandling.svc/TerminateEmployments

This however does not seem to actual trigger a termination.

Any idea on how to do this?

Best regards,

/Magnus 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Terminate Employment is a step by step assistant in IFS. A lot of things happen when you run this assistant - absence is closed, termination actions generated, a log is created…. and much more.

If you check the API documentation under Terminate Employments and the Patch “Update entity in TerminateEmployments” you can see all the input and get a hint on what’s done.

main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/TerminateEmploymentHandling.svc/$openapi?V3#tag/TerminateEmployments/paths/~1TerminateEmployments(Objkey='{Objkey}')/patch

I guess it would have be run in a several step integration in a way if you want to use the assistant API since there are validations, warnings that needs to be handled and so…

If you run IFS HCM very simple and just want to update with end dates maybe you should just update date and information in for example the below (all depending on what functions you use):

EmplymentperiodsHandling

EmployeeStatusHandling

OrganizationAndPositionAssignmentsHandling

EmployeeSchedulesAndRulesHandling

Regards,

Maria

Badge +3

Hi,

Thanks Maria, I’ll have a look at these APIs!

Best regards,

/Magnus