Solved

Set Lobby Parameter

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Once user click on the image, I need to show users’ info in employee file. After I set URL address, it directs to the Employee File window. But not showing users’ record. How to pass a parameter for the emp_id

icon

Best answer by Sandun Madola 6 January 2021, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

You should use an element with Data Source then use element like count which can have image as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @TopMalinG ,

I tested your scenarios internal IFS environment and it worked for me when I edit URL as below. 
You can pass emp_id like this.

URL Address

You can try both below URLs. Both are working. 

• ifsapf:frmTabCompanyPers?external_search=PERSON_ID%3d#USER_ID#
  • ifsapf:frmTabCompanyPers?external_search=EMP_NO%3d#USER_ID#

Notice that it's URL encoded. %3d here is the '=' character. The un-encoded form of the external search string will look like this:
EMP_NO=#USER_ID#

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @TopMalinG ,

I tested your scenarios internal IFS environment and it worked for me when I edit URL as below. 
You can pass emp_id like this.

URL Address

You can try both below URLs. Both are working. 

• ifsapf:frmTabCompanyPers?external_search=PERSON_ID%3d#USER_ID#
  • ifsapf:frmTabCompanyPers?external_search=EMP_NO%3d#USER_ID#

Notice that it's URL encoded. %3d here is the '=' character. The un-encoded form of the external search string will look like this:
EMP_NO=#USER_ID#

Hi @Sandun Madola 

Thank you for the reply. It is worked. In my case, USER_ID and EMP_NO is not same. Therefore I changed the URL as below. It worked, Really appreciate your support.

ifsapf:frmTabCompanyPers?external_search=Company_Pers_API.Get_Person_Id(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO)%3d#PERSON_ID#

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Sandun Madola 

Thank you for the reply. It is worked. In my case, USER_ID and EMP_NO is not same. Therefore I changed the URL as below. It worked, Really appreciate your support.

ifsapf:frmTabCompanyPers?external_search=Company_Pers_API.Get_Person_Id(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO)%3d#PERSON_ID#

Hi @TopMalinG 
You are welcome and I'm happy to help 😊
Further, I suppose you can use ‘=’  mark without using ‘%3d’. But I suggested to use ‘%3d’ as the IFS Documentation is suggested that format. 

IFS_Technical_Documentation_External_Search