Question

Role Delegation vs. Matrix structure

• 24 March 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

could I ask to Role Delegation, when customer has a Matrix structure? 

Now - CEO, which has access to all companies (A,B,C...) and all employees (1,2,...) base on Matrix structure - delegate the partial access to his employee/manager from company A for selected unit with subordinates units/employees. The goal is, manager from company A has to access to all of companies (A,B,C...) from selected units and their subordinates units. 

For Example: 

CEO see “Travel Request for Approval” for company A and selected Employee 1 and for company B and selected Employee 2. 

Role Delegation - Substitutes - for Employee = Manager from company A, partial access for organization code XX, position ID XX. 

Manager from company A does not have access to units and employees from company B, even though he has delegation role from CEO for this units. 

When I use for role delegation “Person” not Employee for manager - it does not work correctly too. 

It looks like: 

• IFS9/10 can not delegate roles across a matrix org.structure = for more companies than just the one where the role recipient is employed (= Manager) although the original owner (=CEO) has access to subordinate employees across all companies
  • the role delegation only takes over access within one company

Thank you for your advice, how can I set the role delegation or if it is core bug in IFS10 .

This topic has been closed for comments