Question

Report time in Aurena after UPD13 give blank account date and no error messages when saving

• 11 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

After installing UPD13 the time reporting in Aurena have changed. When I open “My Time Card - Details” I start with Register In/Out Time and choose Save and report again (notice the account date is blanked), then I change to Job Result/Project to book hours on specific project. Before UPD13 the time reporting window kept the account date same as reporting In/Out Time, but now the account date is blank. If you are not aware the date has been blanked it is still possible to enter hours without entering date - no error message is given. When pressing Save the message “Project time reporting saved for .”

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a workaround?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Irene Røn,

This issue is fixed from UPD14 patch ID: 160745 (severity 3)
From the fix, the account date is set to a mandatory field, and if it's not set, the commands Save and Save and Report Again will be disabled. 
The workaround mentioned in the patch is to manually set the account date before saving.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

So, still the Account date is blank - you have to manually select date?

If that is the patch - it is very inconvenient for users booking more than one project on same day, need to add account date for every posting. 

Before update 13 the account date was kept from register in/out time, not blanked when choosing “Save and report again” - very helpful!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Irene Røn ,

Yes I agree that the workaround is inconvenient for users given the scenario. According to RnD’s comments, clearing of the values in the field once you “Save and Report Again” is the expected behavior because the expectation would be to report to a different project, report code etc. with a different time period. Therefore RnD’s solution was to force the user to add the date manually by making it a mandatory field.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Irene Røn,

This issue is fixed from UPD14 patch ID: 160745 (severity 3)
From the fix, the account date is set to a mandatory field, and if it's not set, the commands Save and Save and Report Again will be disabled. 
The workaround mentioned in the patch is to manually set the account date before saving.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi 

Hello,

Glad if you could mark this as the best answer if it answered your question.
Thanks!

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The account date was made a mandatory field from UPD14 sev 3 patch ID 160745.

Additionally, the code fix from UPD15 sev 2 patch ID 161949 re-sets the account date without keeping it empty. This patch also resolves the issue of Project Activity LOV data not loading.

Applying these two patches will resolve the issue you are facing.

Kind regards,
Dinushi