Solved

Reminder Special Events

• 22 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Has anyone used the Special Events Lobby Element  ‘HR My Employees Special Events List’, Data Source ;HR_MyEmployeesSpecialEvents’.

We want to be able to change the Work Jubilee dates from every five years to 2, 5 and 10, but can only find a view ‘Reminder_Special_Events_Sub’ but are unsure how to implement the change.

We plan to change the IFS view, but copy and create our own version of the view.

Anyone done this before or can give advice on how to changer the Jubilee dates in the Code?

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 23 March 2021, 01:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Troodles ,

You certain want to create a custom view and using the IFS ‘Reminder_Special_Events_Sub’ view as your starting point makes perfect sense.   I attached the portion of the IFS view I’ve modified to return Jubilee Dates from every 5 years to every 2 and 5 years.  Then add a filter in the data source on the years column so only to the return years 2, 5 and 10. 

Of course you’ll need to create a your own data source and element design for your lobby to consume.

In my custom view of ‘Reminder_Special_Events_Sub’ I changed the line in the Jubilee part of the query in the where clause

from

AND ((trunc(months_between(sysdate-1,Emp_Employed_Time_API.Get_Date_Of_Employment(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no)) / (12*5)) < trunc(months_between(sysdate + 360,Emp_Employed_Time_API.Get_Date_Of_Employment(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no)) / (12*5))

to 

(trunc(months_between(sysdate-1,Emp_Employed_Time_API.Get_Date_Of_Employment(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no)) / (12*2)) < trunc(months_between(sysdate + 360,Emp_Employed_Time_API.Get_Date_Of_Employment(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no)) / (12*2))
    OR trunc(months_between(sysdate-1,Emp_Employed_Time_API.Get_Date_Of_Employment(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no)) / (12*5)) < trunc(months_between(sysdate + 360,Emp_Employed_Time_API.Get_Date_Of_Employment(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no)) / (12*5)))

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you William, that looks just what we need :).

Regards

Trudy