Question

Recalculate Time for bulk absence regenerate

• 13 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi All,

Can anyone explain how the ‘Recalculate Time’ option works. 

For an example if a sudden holiday is being announced and this is created in the schedule for the employees. In this instance for the employees who have approved leaves on the newly created holiday needs the absence to be reallocated.

To perform this function if I click on Finish at the Recalculate Transactions step would the absences be reallocated. 

Else, do I need to proceed to Absences and Request Adjustment step also? If so what are the steps I need to perform.

Appreciate if anyone can update me on this functionality.

Thank you.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

If I remember correctly I think the next step will be activated if relevant. That is if the employee changed schedule that requires adjustments on absence that can’t be made automatically by the system…. But I am not 100% sure.

I suggest you test :-)

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ADDMARIAE,

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to try this step to address a concern raised by one of the customers. In their scenario they are recording sudden holidays in the substitute schedule due to government announcements. And as a result, by the time it is recorded in the application there can be employees who have already updated absences and got authorized as well.

However, practically once a holiday is recorded, the absence should gets reversed and the balance should be reallocated. It will be a difficult task if the cancellation requests are to be manually raised. Hence, as a solution to remove the absences in bulk I tried this step. However, it doesn’t fetch the expected result as well.

Probably I need to raise this as an idea.

Best Regards,

Chandima.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

If you addded  day off in the substitue schedule for any of the days 19-22 February and recalculate this should absolutely get recalculated.

What does this look like in TIme Card?

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ADDMARIAE,

Yes, that’s what I was also planning to check.

Even though I completed the recalculation, the Absence Limits have not been reallocated accurately and the Time Card is displayed as below.

Ideally the leave balances should be reallocated during the Recalculation or when the Holiday is registered.

Best Regards,

Chandima.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Strange…  but there can be so many things in the settings… 

If you go in to Absence registration and do “Regenerate absence” from there I hope it is fixed at least?

(Maybe you need to do “Reallocate” as well, but really shouldn’t...)

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ADDMARIAE,

Thank you for the reply.

However Regenerate option will have to be done for each absence registrations one by one if there are many absences on a given holiday.

The customer raised this concern it as an additional work. Either it should reallocate accurately through the recalculation or the regeneration should happen automatically I believe. I raised this concern as an Idea as well.

Looking forward for it 😊.

Best Regards,

Chandima.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi again,

What I mean is that this is what should have happened when you ran the recalculation. I just wanted to know that it was really done correctly if you ran it manually

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ADDMARIAE ,

Below are the steps I followed,

I chose the ‘All Employees’ from the employee selection template when running the Recalculate Time,

Chose the date range and clicked Next

Chose these options and clicked Next

Chose cancel absences and log under updated absences and requests and Clicked Finished

Navigated to the Schedules and Rules Assignment Log Details page and clicked Complete button. However, an error text was displayed as well

The absences have not been impacted

These were the steps I followed.

Best Regards,

Chandima.