Solved

Problem faced with Balance Conversion

• 3 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

I’m working on the balances. I have a balance with a max limit of 16hours (B-OT4-D), whenener we exceed this limit, i want the excess to be added to another balance (BAL_ACCR) 

When we book on the proper wage code after exceeding the limit of 16, it creates this “Balance” line with -8 however it does not affect the 2nd balance BAL_ACCR

setup of B-OT4-D

I tried also with an accrual on the wage code. The accrued wage code appears on the timesheet but the balance connected to this wage code does not get updated…

I don’t understand what setup I’m missing.

Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by ADDMARIAE 3 February 2022, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

can you add a couple of screen shots on how the other balance BAL_ACCR is defined?

Is there a wage code with “conversion default” in the daily rule tab?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

thanks for your answer:

I did not add any wage code in this one.

I tried also with a wage code attached this way:

OTE is then automatically attached to the timesheet when i exceed the 16 hours, however the balance B-OT4-H remains at 0

Only B-OT4-D is at 16 due to previous input and which the maximum authorized.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If you use your first option with an exceed balance you must still have a wage code on the “receiving” balance - a wage code that the conversion can be made on.

The second option is more clear - OTE is generated and OTE should update the other balance.

A last question - in what order do you have the balances on the rule type? BAL_ACCRUAL must be calculated after B-OT4-H

//Maria

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The secret was the rule order !

Thanks a million, it finally works !!!

Hint for others struggling like me, I just discovered that you can also  test your rule with a right click: