Solved

New Employment Template

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 41 replies

Morning.  I want to create a New Employment Template.  However, on the 2nd screen it asks for a Name and Surname though this is a Template, and not a specific Person, I want to create.  Any suggestion on how to rectify this?  Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by Dharshankumaar Mahendran 22 May 2024, 12:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @AnGo 

Good Morning. Templates for new employment are created in the New employment Configuration window. You can select which companies should use it and the steps and sections you want. Remember certain steps and sections are mandatory.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Good morning and thank you for your quick feedback.  The New Employment Configuration I was able to create but it was the Template part that I was battling with:

I have now managed to create the Template.  I created a Template ID and Name and found that though the Name and Surname shows as mandatory fields on the 2nd window, you can just leave it empty and move on to the next window.  I was able in this way to create a Template which is now available for use in future (Temporary Workers).  

I can also now select it and start the “New Employment” process based on this Template if I want to.

Much appreciate your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @AnGo 

Sorry I got a bit confused. 

The template allows you to create a template based on your configuration. 

So all the mandatory values of that configuration will be mandatory but the system allows you to go to next step without filling it since this is a template.

But the template allows you to fill certain details which will be the same for alot or group of employees. For example the employee category for a contract worker will be always Contractor, See below,

You can fill in all details which you think will be same and use this as a template for a contract worker

So the next time you use this template for New employment you will notice that the details filled in will be already there and you don't have to fill it in again.

The mandatory details like name and surname should be filled since it will change for each employee and if you are unable to complete the new employment wizard and want to come back later and complete the new employment setup you can save it as a draft. Draft will be specific to individual employees whereas templates can be used as a template for any employees. Whenever you use the template to create a new employment you will notice that the fields like name and surname are mandatory and you will not be able to go to next step without filling it.

hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello and thank you again for the detailed feedback.  I will then discuss with the Customer what information will be applicable to all and include that in my Template.  Totally understand that once you use the Template for New Employment you have to included Name and Surname. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @AnGo 

You’re welcome. Happy to help