Question

Multiple Travel Allowances for same day

• 9 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 25 replies

Good day.  Still on the topic of Travel Allowances: Can you define more than one type of allowance which an employee is entitled to for the same day.  Example - Employee gets a Daily Travel Allowance, an Inconvenience Allowance and, depending on the day of the week, could qualify for an additional Weekend/Public Holiday allowance.  There could therefore be 3 allowances applicable for a specific day away from home.  I have defined all three but the system only takes one of them for a specific day.  I would appreciate guidance on how to set this up.  Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

First of all you need to set which allowance calculation method to use  - calendar or duration.

I will describe one possible setup using calendar calculation method. 

Register your 3 different allowances in “Allowance codes”.

Set up a compensation rule. Here is an example that you need to start the travel before 12:00 PM and end travel earliest at 7:00 PM and overnight stay is required. 

Then you continue “building” the rules in “Compensations”. Here you connect the compensation id with the allowance codes that should be generated for that compensation id. 

My suggestion is that you define the allowance code for Weekend with Deduction type = Own accommodation

When the employee create their travel expense they can select deduction type own accommodation for the weekend days and then get that specific compensation. 

Regards,

Karolina