Solved

Jobs vs. Qualification Profiles (Apps10)

• 25 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

My client is considering to use only Qualifcation Profiles as a first step, since it requires substantial effort and time to harmonize all jobs on a global level.

At this point I am trying to find possible disadvantages not using the jobs. As of now, I can see the Job Analysis cannot be used and the Aggregate Gap Analysis (for comparison) might be restricted.

Appart from this, do you see any other points to take into consideration?

Any help or shared experience is highly appreciated :)

KR,
Anny

icon

Best answer by Magnus Johansson 26 September 2023, 09:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Anny,

What is it that the customer is hoping to achieve via the Qualification Profile, that cannot be done by entering the same data to Jobs instead?

As far as I can remember, the Qualification Profile is foremost integrated with the Recruitment E2E-flow: Headcount > Vacancies > Recruitment. Apart from those areas - and Jobs and Qualifications of course - I cannot remember that Profile is integrated in many other functions.

My main argument for using Jobs would however be that we are expanding the use of Jobs in the HCM-module, as an option to Position. This is not done with Profile. Thus, Jobs is more integrated with other areas. Going forward, maybe also outside of HCM in the application.

I realize the customers point “requires substantial effort and time to harmonize all jobs on a global level”. My suggestion would however be to use Jobs, but with a minimum amount of data. Yes, a profile contains less data than Jobs, but still the same data. The customer could start by just adding the Job title and link those to the employees. Then gradually add more and more Job data, as they have time.

Regards,

Magnus

Hi @Magnus Johansson,

Thanks for your reply and thoughts. This is very helpful!

I suggested the same, just starting with the job titles and minimal information. Or start with the job on company level and do the global harmonization as a second step. However, it seems to be a more “political” thing…

The future development and integration possibilties are very strong arguments to do the homework with the Jobs before building something up with the Profiles. Furthermore, they are already planning the upgrade to Cloud, so it just makes sense.

Again, thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Anny