Question

Incorrect Absence LIMIT USED calculation

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

I found an absence registration which is not calculated the Limit Used correctly. As per the below scenario, Absence Duration is 3 working days and Limit Used should be 3 days. There is no any public holidays within the period. If I RMB on the record and Regenerate Absence it will correct it as 3 days. 

Any possible reasons for this?

Regards,

Malinda

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Maybe somebody changed schedule for this person after made this absence.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@TopMalinG 

Hi Malinda,

I came across the same issue and did a technical investigation on this, and found out that this is due a bugfix 162512 which is patched in UPD16. in that bug fix,  there is a CURSOR ‘get_emp_absences’ is introduced in ‘Absence_Registration_API.Regenerate_Absence’ method where it takes the absence records not only for the day of absence, but before and after days as below in the screen shot.

And to clarify that you are getting the same issue, please answer few questions.

If customer using application version UDP16 or later? 

As per my investigation, this will happen when you do the time registration in Time Card window for the day when the next day is an Absence. for eg: 14th of October is already an absence day in the Absence window and when you are trying to add a time registration on 13th of October in the Time Card window for the same emp no, the limit used will be removed. is this the scenario for you? 

If so, then this is a standard issue and you can able to re-create this in the latest App10 version. We have re-create this scenario in the latest App10 version and trying to inform IFS.

Hope this information would help you. 

Best Regards, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@TopMalinG 

Hi Malinda,

I came across the same issue and did a technical investigation on this, and found out that this is due a bugfix 162512 which is patched in UPD16. in that bug fix,  there is a CURSOR ‘get_emp_absences’ is introduced in ‘Absence_Registration_API.Regenerate_Absence’ method where it takes the absence records not only for the day of absence, but before and after days as below in the screen shot.

And to clarify that you are getting the same issue, please answer few questions.

If customer using application version UDP16 or later? 

As per my investigation, this will happen when you do the time registration in Time Card window for the day when the next day is an Absence. for eg: 14th of October is already an absence day in the Absence window and when you are trying to add a time registration on 13th of October in the Time Card window for the same emp no, the limit used will be removed. is this the scenario for you? 

If so, then this is a standard issue and you can able to re-create this in the latest App10 version. We have re-create this scenario in the latest App10 version and trying to inform IFS.

Hope this information would help you. 

Best Regards, 

Hi @Thirunavukkarasu Kapilan

Thank you for your reply.

Here is my scenario. Employees apply for absence through "My Absence Calendar” and Supervisor authorize the absence request. IFS calculate LIMIT USED incorrectly in Absence>Absence Registration tab as shown in my first mail. It effects to absence balance of the employees. IFS environment is UPD9. I tried to recreate it in test environment, but I couldn't do it.

Regards,

MalinG

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @TopMalinG ,

i analysed the issue for another customer.

The issue is fixed with Bug-ID: 164888.
This fix is included in UPD19.

Please reach out to your support partner / IFS for single-patch delivery of the bugfix or the delivery of UPD19.

Thanks
Alex