Solved

Impact of Valadity periods of communication methods in Private Contact Information - Page – probably a bug

• 22 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The described issue is part of Human capital management. More specific it is part of the employee file and the communication methods in the private contact information page.

In this page I can enter the private address of the employee and I can enter different contact methods (like phone number, mobile number, e-mail-address and so on).

Those communication methods have their own validity periods in a submenu where I can get by pressing Edit-button and choose “contact method”.

This leads me to the Contact Details Submenu:

When comparing the validity periods of the different contact methods with the today-date (here 22.12.2023) you can see that all those contact methods are valid.

When changes are done to the Contact methods validity periods they are still shown in Private Contact Information Page, even if they are not valid anymore (for example if employee gets new mobile Phone number.

The starting situation is shown in the screenshot above. Now I will enter a new contact method for E-Mail and I will change the validity period of the old e-mail-address to a date in the past.

So now the Contact details look like this:

As you can see, today’s date is the 22nd of December 2023. The validity period of the old E-Mail-Adress is set to 20th dec 2023 (for mailaddress frankweber123@gmail.com) and the validity period for Adress new-e-mai-weber@yahoo.com start on 21st of dec 2023.

Now I press OK-button on this page.

And here comes the result in Private Contact Information:

Although frankweber123@gmail.com is not valid anymore, it is still shown in this page.

Now the general question is if this behavior is intended.

At some customers we are using third party payroll systems and/or other systems where the Adress and/or other communication methods have to be updated on a regular basis because for example documents from those third party products are sent to the E-mail-address. So we always have to make sure, that this data is correct.

From my point of view the old communication methods should not be shown anymore in Private Contact Information page if the validity period of a communication method has ended.

Maybe this might be the intended behavior, but in that case I will definitely need an explanation why there is the possibility of a validity period for the communication methods.

icon

Best answer by Magnus Johansson 2 January 2024, 12:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Frank,

I have recreated the same scenario as you describe in an IFS internal 23R2 environment, with the same result. I have not heard any reason or explanation to why an invalid email address should be shown in the Employee File UX. It is one thing that the old data is stored/remains in the system, and is still visible under the “Contact Details” dialogue page. [The “Contact Details” should however have a “Show only valid data” checkbox.] To show invalid data in the info card of Private Contact Information must nevertheless be a bug.

Please report this issue in a SNOW-case.

Regards,
Magnus

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Magnus Johansson Thank you very much! So you have basically the same opinion that I tried to describe.

And yes, the SNOW-case is in the making.