Solved

IAL HR Access

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, Im trying to give a non HR person access to training records without exposing the rest so went about creating an IAL for it with live data and then granted permission to the IAL against the users permission set. However when the user runs the quick report it only returns the data that the user has access to i.e under his position access.

Previously i have done this and it has worked fine. The only thing i can think of at the moment is that because it it looking at live data and not copied/scheduled then IFS is still checking the position/data access of the user.

The IAL is a union on these two views;

ifsapp.pers_license_emp_profile_Ov

ifsapp.emp_training_history_ov

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 7 April 2021, 11:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @DBowden ,

You do not mention the version of IFS you are using and there are differences between IFS App 8 to IFS App 10 in the HR security area.  HR data access typically controlled by a separate HR Access which controls the access to the sensitive data.  As you state the individual is able to run the query and retrieve data which the position assigned to the individual has access. 

I’m assuming you wish to have this individual retrieve training data for all employees within the company even those who do not report to this individual.   

What version of IFS are you using?

You may need to go into Supervisor - Access Setup for this individual and check the HR Application Manager checkbox.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you do not want to add the person as a HR manager you could create the IAL on the tables in the views you have listed. The IAL-user has QUERY access to all application owner tables.

If you remove the calls to User_Access_API from the WHERE statements you will get rid of the HR access. Observe also that these views might be based on other views which has HR access enabled so it is a bit of work to do this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sorry, it is apps 10. I have more experience with apps 8 so the set up is a little different. I wanted to avoid making the user HR app manager as its an open door policy. I went with copying all data and scheduling it into the IAL table to bypass the user_access_api which did the trick.

Thank you for the helpful info!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, Im trying to give a non HR person access to training records without exposing the rest so went about creating an IAL for it with live data and then granted permission to the IAL against the users permission set. However when the user runs the quick report it only returns the data that the user has access to i.e under his position access.

Previously i have done this and it has worked fine. The only thing i can think of at the moment is that because it it looking at live data and not copied/scheduled then IFS is still checking the position/data access of the user.

The IAL is a union on these two views;

ifsapp.pers_license_emp_profile_Ov

ifsapp.emp_training_history_ov

Any ideas?

since user able to run the quick report without an issue I believe this is not with the end user permission issue. Have you use IFSINFO.<IAL Name> when you use the IAL in Quick Report? Also check the scheduler when you run the schedule to write the data into IAL does it clear the existing record and replace with new data?