Question

How to use Business Roles?

• 13 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m new working with IFS and at my company the knowledge around setting permissions are limited. 

I hope someone can explain to me how to use business roles, how are these set up and what are their main purpose? How are they meant to be used? I can´t find much info about this in the F1-help. 

I am working with the HR-module, are these connected to HR, or are they related to other modules only?

Would be so grateful if anyone can give me some basic information around this subject. 

Thank you in advance! 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Emilie,

I hope you are seeking information about Access roles,

This activity is used to create an access role and assign access attributes to it. Access roles are responsible for control of what data a user can access and register.

There are two types of access roles:

1. Access - this role groups together attributes responsible for access and control over data of other people or organizational data 
  2. Self-Access - this role groups attributes that allow employees and persons to register their own data. If an area in the application is protected by a data registration access attribute, this attribute has to be included in an access role, and assigned to anyone who wants to access the protected content.

In order to perform this activity, access attributes have to be defined in the Access Attributes window.
As a result of this activity, an access role will be defined and available for assignment.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nayomi