Solved

How To Restrict Timeclock Usage

• 26 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello,

We have some time clocks in our environment which we only want to allow certain employees to utilize.  Does anyone know of a way to configure the timeclock so only certain employees can clock in and out on them?

Regards,

William Klotz

icon

Best answer by ADDMARIAE 27 June 2023, 08:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi William,

In Employee File (tab Employment, sub tab General), you can indicate if an employee is a Time Clock User by checking the appropriate checkbox.

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

I interpreted the question slightly different than Martin I think :-) I thought you meant that some employees should only be allowed to clock in on a certain Time Clock and others on another Time Clock… If so:

You can also limit what employees that can clock in and out on certain Time Clock by limiting the access to employees for the user/person logged on to that specific Time Clock.

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Maria,

I indeed didn’t read it like that, but if I had, I would have given a similar answer as yours ;-)

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ADDMARIAE ,

You are correct we wish to allow certain employees the ability to use only certain Time Clocks.  We have certain Time Clocks setup to push costs to certain organizations.  I will look at limiting the employees a Time Clock user has access too in HR access area.  We hadn't thought to limit the Time Clock user.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ADDMARIAE ,

We’ve tested your suggestion and it is working well.

Regards,

William Klotz