Question

Holiday Request - Limit exceeded

• 4 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Dear community members,

I have come across an issue with holiday plan. Once the holiday plan is created I cannot approve it. Instead I get the error message ‘Limit exceeded’. This is weird as there are still enough ‘Unused Hours’ left for that employee. 

Please see pic & attachment. 

Any ideas or solutions are welcomed. 

Thank you! 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Constantinus101 ,

If the absence limits are available. Could you tell what is the schedule for the employee is it something which goes over a day for example from 4pm to 2am. I can remember this error message appearing for employees who had such schedules and which was corrected by IFS.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Dharshankumaar Mahendran,

Thanks for your response. This is what I found in the schedule information. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Constantinus101 

It seems there is no issues with the schedule. Can you attach a document with how you are trying to register the absence and also check whether this only for this employee since as you said there is absence available and schedule is also connected.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Dharshankumaar Mahendran

Please have a look. After a new line has been inserted and the dates (from - to) have been entered, I cannot save it because the error message ‘Limit exceeded’ pops up. 

I have checked another user and there it works fine. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Any other ideas? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, 

Still could not find the solution. 

Badge +1

Hi.

We also have the same issue in Apps 9.  

I have 2 employees where the Limit Exceeded Error message appears and for the rest of our employees there is no issue.

I can’t find any difference between the setup of these employees and the setup for employees that can create Absence Requests where their YTD Limit is exceeded.

Users with HR access can manually enter the Absence for these 2 employees and the Error does not appear.

If anyone has been able to overcome this issue, it would be great to hear how!

Thanks. 

Badge +4

I observe similar issue in Apps 10, limit exists for the user. All the other set ups looks same with another user who can successfully create the absence request. Registering the absence via Time Card works fine but only while creating absence request, I get following limit exceeded error.

Have verified default company for the user and other connections.

This occurs only for few employee’s