Skip to main content
Question

History Log Configuration Employment Type

• 23 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Good evening.  I want to enable a History Log for critical fields on Employee Master Tables.  One of them being Employment Type.  Does anyone know in which Table I will find this field in the History Log Configuration window?  Many thanks.  Anya

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Can you share a screenshot of that screen (Emloyee Master)?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Good day.  Below is the screenshot.  On the Support Console it indicates that you should be able to find Elements like Employment Type etc. under the COMPANY_PERSON_ALL Table.  However, I don’t see that element here, and though I have enabled Master-Employment, if I make changes in the Employee File to fields like Employment Type, Start Date etc, it is not shown on the History Log.  I hope this makes it a bit more clear?  Thank you.  Anya

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Is there an option to make the Foundation1 component visible?

For which table are you looking for?

COMPANY_PERSON_ALL is in IFS APPS 10 available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

But this is the right way.

COMPANY_PERSON_ALL is the view and COMPANY_PERSON_TAB is the table.

COMPANY_PERSON_ALL consists of following tables:

company_person_tab

company_emp_tab

pers_tab

Person_Info_tab

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Good day.  Thank you for your feedback.  Just to clarify - If you say COMPANY_PERSON_ALL is the “view”, what does that mean? Where do I see/find this view?  Thank you.  Anya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes it is a view.

You can see it with PL/SQL developer and there isn’t “_TAB” at the end.

In this case you need to log all mentioned tables. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@AnGo I did a quick debug to find out where the Employment Type field comes from.

Basically what you see in the overview of the employee file comes from the Employment Information / Periods sub-page

The value from the valid employment period is displayed in the Employee File overview

Then I saw that the field is included in the view EMP_EMPLOYED_TIME_ROW → but basically it’s a decode on EMPLOYMENT_ID

This means that in table emp_employed_time_tab you need to enable history log for EMPLOYMENT_ID. But for sure the employment ID is not user friendly so it won’t tell you in plain english what the new/old values are unless you run a decode on the id 😥 or do a query on employment_type_tab

This is how you would need to setup your History Log. And then have a list of what each Employment ID means.