Skip to main content
Question

HCM: Several entries for same employee in quick time authorization

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

One of my clients has a structure where senior employees training the apprentices get an additional position assignment: Practice Instructor. This assignment is not primary but required, as the practice instructor is responsible for approving the time reporting of the apprentice. 

So far, so good.

Now, when the supervisor wants to approve the time reporting of the practice instructor he will receive multiple entries in the Quick Time Authorizaion assistant. Somehow the system does create the time registration for all the assignments.

Is there a way where time registration and authorization is only required (and therefore visible) for the primary position?

Any help is highly appreciated 😁

KR,

Anny

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi 

Unfortunately you cannot filter on just the primary.  I would suggest  (and this would depend on how many employees the authoriser see’s in the screen ) is that they favourite the row/s that is the primary positions of the employees as a one off task and then when they go into the screen next they select to show the favourites - therefore filtering out the rest 

kind Reagrds

rachel 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Anny : There is no option to filter by primary position.

Alternatively, if supervisor want to access employee for single department e.g. in this screenshot “SW”, then it can select “Specific Org Unit”

It will not work for Supervisor who are having subordinate employees in different department.

Thanks

Vikas Jain

@vickyrohilya : Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, we use the search/filter function and save it,  to exclude the positions. I was wondering if I was missing something.

However, I think this is really cumbersome. There should be either an option to select primary position or preferably the time entry should get created for the primary position only. Maybe this would be worth to open an idea.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

KR,
Anny