Question

Employee Schedule - Work Hours - Parameter List

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello 

We have a case of employees who are working as follows:

Mon - Fri - these days employees can work any number of hours they choose, it could be between 0 and 8 hours or so. Some days employees may not be working at all. 

Sat -Sun - these days employees works in a shift 8 hours as per agreement with the Supervisor. 

Now to make this work we have created  a “work hour rules - parameter list”, parameters allows for flexible attendance times during these days +/- 12 hours. But we need to also have strict parameters for Saturday and Sunday where attendance could only be +/- 0.5 hours. 

As I understand Work Hour Rules and Parameter List applies to the schedule as a whole. Is there a way to apply Work Hour Rules for individual week days (Mon-Fri and Sat-Sun)? 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

you can’t apply work hour rules for individual days.

I would try this with additional result calculation rules. You could apply them for individual day types.

You could calculate the wage codes on sunday or saturday against a value of 8 hours.

e.G.

Wage Code on Saturday for worked time is T100 = 7h

In the additional result calculation you change the T100 into payment wage code P100, but only up to a limit of 8h, so there are 7h P100.

Also you enter a line, where you change T100 over 8 hours into error wage code E100.

In case he worked 9 hours on saturday, you get 8h in P100 and 1h in E100. Now you can check the results, if there is an E100 or have a custom event for E100. And after this you could do, whatever has to be done if someone works too much time on the weekend.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Jörg

Thanks for your suggestion. I really hoped for Parameters list to be bit more flexible, but it is what it is. 

Our potential solution is to setup Mon - Fri day types with Scheduled 15min work day.

Then Parameter list only allows for Positive diff of Attendance, so when Sat -Sun employee work for 8- or 12 hour shift only the positive diff is allowed which is ok, because we just needed to prevent negative diff on those two days :) 

Thanks .