Question

Edit Time registered for a closed period

• 23 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello, 

I am wondering if there is a way to edit / create correction transactions for project transactions which have already been transferred and for which the period is closed? 

Ex, Being in April, I would like to edit time registration from March for some employees without opening march period again, is that possible to edit and have a voucher to reflect change in April but which would still update project balance through this change? 

Thank you

Tanya 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @MelTanyaS,

Yes, that is possible. You cannot edit the cost accounted transactions directly, but you can use the function for creating correction transactions. This will create two new transactions, a ‘Correction’ transaction effectively crediting the original transaction and a ‘Recreated’ transaction that can be updated as required. When this is done, the relevant project activities are updated.

When you subsequently cost account the project transactions you get the option to select the voucher date, which could be set to a suitable date in the April period.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @Johan Lagerström 

Thank you for your advice. I tried creating the correction transaction and it worked but only on open periods.

For example, if period 3 is closed and I need to correct a transaction from period 3 on april, then trying to create a correction transaction gives back an error message saying “period is closed”.

Is there a way to create correction transaction on closed periods somehow, without having to reopen them? 

Thank you :)

Tanya

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @MelTanyaS,

Ah, sorry about that, it seems I remembered incorrectly. The reason for this error is that there is a validation to check that postings are valid, where this validation also includes the period status. I think there has been a slight change in a later version as I can create the corrections in an internal environment, but I still get an error when trying to create the cost voucher, so this still wouldn’t help in your example.

A potential alternative option would be to create manual corrections the following month, i.e. duplicate the incorrect transaction, set the quantity to be negative and change the date to a suitable date in the new period. Then duplicate the original transaction again, change the date to the same value as the negative transaction and update other values as required.

The net effect of these transactions would be a quantity of zero, so while they are visible to the end user in the time registration (on the ‘wrong’ date) they should not impact the total number of hours worked. It will also update the project follow-up for each project accordingly. Perhaps not ideal, but it would at least help you avoid having to reopen the period.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for sharing this option; I ran some more tests today, and it seems i can create correction voucher for transactions which are in closed periods but only on some users;

I’m connected to IFSAPP and i entered some transactions on my real user in the past; on those I can’t create any correction voucher with error message saying “period closed” but on the other users, I can create them even if same conditions apply.

I will continue investigating on that system behavior; if you have an idea as to why it blocks the action for my specific user, please share your views :)

Thanks again