Skip to main content
Question

Edit button on time card

When we create any entry on time card, is there a specific reason why we see edit option for global environment but not for our client environment ? attaching a screenshot with edit button highlighted for reference below.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

What do you mean with “global environment” and  “our client environment”? 

Is it not visible at all - or is it grey?

Are you logged on with a user that has enough HR access to the employee you are viewving in the TIme Card?

Regards,

Maria

Badge +4

Global environment is one of the environments that IFS has provided us.

Also, when you say HR access what is it exactly that you’re referring to ? I do have HR application manager access as below,

Badge +4

@ADDMARIAE Could you please advise ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

I can see you have a lot of HR access so that seems OK - if this is a Time Card for someone else… It is not the TIme Card for the employee connected to your user? IF so you need to check the self access role connected on your organization assignment.

This can be many things, but most likely it is connected to access roles. Note that even if you are” HR application manager” you need access with a role to be aable to do some things in Time and Attendance.

Some additional things to look in to: 

Permission set?

Can there be a page configuration?

Status of the day? I can’t see it in your screen shot… 

Regards,

Maria

Badge +4

Could you please advise what specific access roles required here ? The screenshot I had shared that was for “completed” status. how to check page configurations?

I matched the access attributes from the env for which we’re able to get edit button to the one where it’s missing, matched the permission sets also, still I do not see it’s working as expected. Do you think I’m yet missing something here ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Please note my question: “It is not the TIme Card for the employee connected to your user? IF so you need to check the self access role connected on your organization assignment.”

Is the Time Card for an employee connected to your user / person?

Do you have the same problem for ALL employees’ time cards?

Regards,

Maria