Solved

Direct Role Assignment

• 18 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi All,

Trying to do a direct role assignment.

Below is the Graphical Organisation Structure.

The CEO who is the parent position of RND. The objective is to give access to ADMIN parent position and it doesn’t work with the below setup. It works as expected  when access role is assigned . Can anyone let me know what i missed.

icon

Best answer by Martin Hulsenboom 18 July 2023, 08:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Martin Hulsenboom any thoughts on this

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Dharshan,

A preliminary remark: in case of deviating HR access, i.e. HR access which differs from the HR access as defined in Position Access Setup, I normally advise to directly assign an HR access role instead of indirectly assigning an HR access role via a position. In that case, on the Access tab of the Graphical Organization Structure, you can more easily make a distinction between the default HR access, based on the organization/position assignment, and the deviating HR access (despite the fact, that the boolean Organization Assignment would be enough to make that distinction), Moreover, you can then see which HR access role has been assigned, whereas it would be hidden in case of an indirect role assigment.

Now your question. Based on the screen prints, I don’t have enough info to give a definite answer, but, assuming that AD DIR is the position of the manager of the unit ADMIN, I think that you are missing a record for AD DIR in the Position Access Setup or that the position AD DIR doesn’t have subordinate positions in the Graphical Position Structure.

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a response and I highly appreciate it. I understand from your comments on why its easy to give access roles. 

Moreover, On this particular scenario in the Graphical Position Structure (GPS)Under the Matrix structure ADMIN which is led by the AD DIR has three lower level positions and all of these positions has employees assigned. What i am actually trying is to give the manager of the RND structure the access to AD DIR position using the Graphical Organisation Structure window.

Once again thank you for the response.

Best Regards,