Solved

Differentiate between a current or lingering absence.

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi, is there any possibility in IFS to differentiate between a current or lingering absence.

In some cases, it is necessary to deduct an absence from the salary. Today this is a manual laying on of hands we must do.

BR Daniel

icon

Best answer by Daniel Uden 30 November 2023, 09:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Daniel,

Absence is a large HCM area with the possibility of in depth setups.

A solution with low complexity for this issue (especially you want it to be handled in Payroll - you mention “salary deduction”): would be to have two separate wage codes: “short term sickness” and “long term sickness”. Then your employees can use short term for common and temporary sickness and long term when it beforehand is known to be longer absence. This would only require some manual administration by HR in the occasions where a “short term sickness” unexpectedly turns into long term. Payroll could separate and handle any deductions based on different wage codes. You can probably also handle this setup yourself, by just adding/changing wage codes.

If you are however looking to implement a solution where this is controlled automatically by the system, I would suggest creating a case and requesting for an HCM consultant to help out. There can be many aspects to consider and the Community is not optimal for more in depth discussions. Maybe there are more aspects of Absence that could be discussed at the same time?

Best Regards,
Magnus

Badge +4

Hi Magnus

first of all thanks for your reply!

This does not apply to illness, but to parental leave. Possible leave of absence, but never illness. Does this only work on illness then?

Daniel

Badge +4

@Magnus Johansson

Just a follow up on this one, 

This does not apply to illness, but to parental leave. Possible leave of absence, but never illness. Does this only work on illness then?

BR Daniel

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Daniel,

My suggested solution should work for parental leave as well, since my suggestion is not dependant on any system logic in IFS, but rather a question of what data your payroll system requires.

If you are referring to parental leave in Sweden, I am assuming you are trying to separate between parental leave with and without compensation from the Public Authorities (Försäkringskassan)? In that case my suggestion should work. As said above, this is foremost a matter of what your payroll requires. Therefore, double check with your payroll (provider) if two separate wage codes would solve the issue.

The main challenge could however be to make the employees understand all the rules for parental leave and to know when to choose one or the other wage code.

Remember that if you use Absence Requests you need two different Absence Types as well, not only two different wage codes.

Regards,
Magnus