Question

Database task Refresh Access Cache scheduling

• 1 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We have an issue with the Supervisor access setup that some supervisors can see the employees that they are not authorized to see. So after looking in IFS documentation, we found this database task “Refresh Access Cache” can solve the problem and after running this job it solved the issue.

But in the documentation, I see the below message.

This task refreshes the access security cache fully. This task should be executed only when there is a prediction about wrong entries existing in the access cache.

We are planning to run this daily but not sure how we can predict wrong entries predictions. Is there any way to check it?

Also if we run this job daily then what can be the issue as IFS does not suggest anything to run daily?

IFS documentation link : https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/030_administration/020_bckgrnd_processing/020_database_tasks/110_predef_db_tasks/

Thanks in advance for your positive response.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Thank you for a very interesting question. May I ask if you are using the drag-and-drop functionality in Graphical Organization Structure when doing reorganizations in your organization structure?

If you do, my thought is that your access issues could be the result of that action, where old data is not cleared successfully. Therefore, rather than running the background job daily, you could at least limit it to the occasions when you have made a reorganization using drag-and-drop.

Regards,
Magnus   

Badge +2

Hi @Magnus Johansson ,

Thank you for your answer. I am checking with the business user how they are managing the structure and if it is drag and drop is an issue then we can raise a case to IFS to look into this.

Regards,

Shoeb