Solved

Correcting transferred employee hours

• 18 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

In the setup that we currently have, the employee enters/confirms working hours per day/week. Manager authorizes the hours. At frequent interval, the hours are transferred to another (3rd party) application. There the hours (and especially the used codes) are checked. All nice if every day follows the happy flow.

It is different for those hours that are booked against wrong codes (or too much or incorrect overtime, etc). In that situation, the hours (days) in IFS Time Card/Registration can not be changed anymore.

I find this logical, but what would be the next step to make a change?

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 18 February 2022, 17:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @eqbstal ,

To my knowledge after you run the transfer to payroll within IFS you will not be able to make changes to the timecard for the days which have been transferred.   We run the transfer to payroll every 2 weeks which gives our managers and supervisors time to review the timecard of each employee to verify everything is correct.   We catch most of the mistakes but sometimes either time, overtime or time off is incorrect.   Since we can not make the correct on the day of the mistake within IFS we will make the change in the 3rd party payroll system so the employee will receive the correct pay.

If there’s a way within IFS to correct the timecard after time has been transferred we certainly would be interested to learn the technique.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks William for the ultra soon response. I'm also thinking that we have to postpone the transfer for two weeks (now the thought is do it based on monday with data selection of last week).

Wondering how big a problem that would be at month/year end, while the company we are doing this implementation for is stock related, so investors are keen to have the financial figures asap.

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

There is a function to “Change transferred result”.  The user who should do this needs an access attribute for this in his /her access role.

Check for the page it in the navigator.

You query for the employee and the date you want to change and update what you need to change.

If there are balances connected that also needs changing you have a link to “Balances accruals and withdrawals “ here as well.

Absence that has already been transferred can be changed in Absence page for that employee (if you have absence configuration defined)

How ever I believe this is something that should not be used very often… I also think you should wait until everything is correct in IFS until you transfer.

//Maria