Question

Company Credit card import file

• 18 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I am trying to set up the credit card integration for expense reporting. The default File_Reader1 is taking in the file when it’s place in the in directory  but then it does not appear in credit card transactions or any logs I can find. I feel like I’m missing a step as there is nothing to tell the system that this import is a credit card file. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Badge +2

I haven’t done credit card integrations but I believe you need to set up a Routing Rule to transfer the file to a BIZAPI .  There is a BIZAPI CreditCardIntegration:ReceiveCreditCardTransactions that I’m betting you would need to call, I don’t know what format the file is expecting.

As for the file you loaded, you should be to find it in Application Messages in the ERROR queue if it didn’t get routed anywhere.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Looks like that’s the right path, I found it in application messages. . I created the routing rule but now I get

Runtime exception [null] when processing message [2066822] 
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Alex,

What setting do you have in Credit Card Type regarding “Reimbursable Transactions”. 

My experience is that if you have that ticket, only the employee it self can see the transactions in credit card transactions window. Not even IFSAPP can see the transactions.

If you untick the checkbox HR Admin and IFSAPP can see the transactions in credit card transactions window. 

Regards,

Karolina 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Reimbursable in credit card type was not ticked

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Looks like that’s the right path, I found it in application messages. . I created the routing rule but now I get

Runtime exception [null] when processing message [2066822] 
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

You don’t need to set up Routing rules/Address manually for importing credit card transactions. RMB On the Credit Card Type, Mapping…

Here you have to define the Transaction block identifier (XPATH to the credit card transaction XML block) and mapping between XML tags and the IFS fields.

Given below is a sample XML file and the corresponding mapping we setup for one of our customers.

XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NORDEA_FC>
    <CREDIT_CARD_TRANSACTIONS>
        <CREDIT_CARD_TRANSACTION>
            <CARD_NO>XXXXXXXXXXXX0067</CARD_NO>
            <CARDHOLDER_NAME>John Doe</CARDHOLDER_NAME>
            <TRANS_CODE>08</TRANS_CODE>
            <TRANS_REFERENCE>500028100005</TRANS_REFERENCE>
            <COUNTRY_CODE>DNK</COUNTRY_CODE>
            <CREDIT_OR_DEBIT>+</CREDIT_OR_DEBIT>
            <CUR_AMOUNT>100.0</CUR_AMOUNT>
            <DOM_AMOUNT>100.0</DOM_AMOUNT>
            <CUR_CODE>DKK</CUR_CODE>
            <TRANS_DATE>2009-05-15T00:00:00</TRANS_DATE>
            <COMMENTS>Airlines, 600011</COMMENTS>
        </CREDIT_CARD_TRANSACTION>
        <CREDIT_CARD_TRANSACTION>
            <CARD_NO>XXXXXXXXXXXX3045</CARD_NO>
            <CARDHOLDER_NAME>Wade Wilson</CARDHOLDER_NAME>
            <TRANS_CODE>08</TRANS_CODE>
            <TRANS_REFERENCE>500026150002</TRANS_REFERENCE>
            <COUNTRY_CODE>DNK</COUNTRY_CODE>
            <CREDIT_OR_DEBIT>+</CREDIT_OR_DEBIT>
            <CUR_AMOUNT>823.28</CUR_AMOUNT>
            <DOM_AMOUNT>823.28</DOM_AMOUNT>
            <CUR_CODE>DKK</CUR_CODE>
            <TRANS_DATE>2009-05-15T00:00:00</TRANS_DATE>
            <COMMENTS>Rental Car, 600011</COMMENTS>
        </CREDIT_CARD_TRANSACTION>
</CREDIT_CARD_TRANSACTIONS>
</NORDEA_FC>

Mapping

Define a proper Condition in the Condition tab (you can change it later in the routing rule if needed)

RMB, Upload

This will create the routing rule Routing address and the transformer, so you don’t need to touch the connect configurations.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I should have mentioned earlier, our bank is sending a csv file. It looks like it’s supposed to be possible using that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Alex Ivkovic,

If the it’s a csv file, you should setup the Format type as CSV.

CSV type work with the Migration Jobs instead of IFS Connect. You can define the field mappings between CSV and IFS in the mappings page and execute the migration (online or schedule) job to load the credit card transactions.

Cheers!

Damith