Question

Cloud - Balance Withdrawing

• 17 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is some way how to withdraw balance hours automatically.

My goal is to add hours from balance to time card result in case that employee did not fulfill day limit of normal hours for selected day.

I created Balance type Compensatory and set some wage codes that increase and decrease balance.

According to schedule, employee should be at work from 8am to 4pm + there is flexible break 0,5hour. He worked only 5,88 hours. I would like to automatically add missing hours from balance to result to fulfill day limit 8hours, for example at the end of the week.

I tried Missing intervals and results settings, Additional result calculation, but it isnt working like I want to. Is there some standard functionality?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

Romana

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

Could you please add more information on the general setup of the balance also could you check whether there are accrued balances for the employee.

Badge +6

Hi @Dharshankumaar Mahendran ,

current balance to 11th July for employee is 12hours, so it should be sufficient.

This is general setup for my balance.

I have no other setting, so tell me what else you would like to see and I send you more printscreens.

Thanks a lot.

Romana

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Romana,

Were you able to solve this?

Should you still require any assistance. So I could test this and give you an update?

Best Regards,

Badge +6

Hi @Dharshankumaar Mahendran 

I managed to set up correct calculation of overtime and to automatically add hours from balance to time card result in case that employee did not fulfill day limit of normal hours for selected day.

But now I have question if there is some option to set balance definition start value according to scheduled hours for certain period.

I created one balance definition type Other to calculate working time of each employee.

In Daily rule I add all wage codes that state for normal working time and also all absence wage codes that could be reported. Positive and Negative Wage code will be FPD.

Then I created second balance definition type Other to calculate overtime.

In Daily rule I add one overtime wage code which increases balance and one absence wage code which decreases balance.

I set conversion like this

I created Additional Result Calculation Definition where I set that if wage code FPD (calculated according to first balance definition) is below scheduled hours, wage code CH with hours that missing to scheduled hours should be generated automatically.

Then result in time card looks like this:

My scheduled hours for day are 8hours. I reported only 4hours of normal time. According to first balance definition FPD wage code is generated with 4hours.

According to Additional Result Calculation Definition wage CH with 4hours is generated.

According to second balance definition my overtime balance status is -4hours.

And here is the question

I set Reconciliation Time Period to 1 month.

I created automatic reconcilation rule for first balance like this, but here I miss option to set start value according to scheduled hours. 

Is there some option how to set it in standard way or only customization must be done?

Thanks

Romana

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Romana,

Set up your period start one day before actual reconciliation in the Reconciliation TIme period and check the results.

Best Regards,

Badge +6

Hi,

I set up my period start date like this (one day before it should be) 

and balance reconciliation like this (I removed fixed value)

Start value 1st of July is the end value of balance from previous period. This is not correct, because scheduled hours are different each month.

Is there some other option?

Thanks

Romana

Badge +2

Hi Romana,

you could use a Calculation Formula for your first question.

Required steps:

1. Create a number field
  2. Get Scheduled Hours
  3. Save #2 to #1
  4. Get Hours of Normal hours Wage Code for your Account Date
  5. Subtract #4 from #1
  6. Set Result hours with #1 for a Wage Code that is defined in your balance as a deduction

If you want to do it better you could also first check if the Balance Value is >#1 before setting the results. Then you would be sure no lower limits are exceeded.

To your second issue:
You could have a second rule which runs on the last day of the month

1. Create a number field
  2. Get Work Time information for hours per month
  3. Save #2 to #1
  4. Get Balance Value for the remainder from your last period
  5. Subtract #4 from #1
  6. Add #1 as result hours to a Wage Code which will increase your Balance for monthly hours
  7. Hide the Wage Code